Weddings & Civil Partnerships in Yorkshire with Celebrant Anna-Louise Haigh
Congratulations! Before you know it, you will be looking back on your special day with lots of fantastic memories.
Are you considering something different for your Wedding Ceremony that truly reflects you and your partner? Don’t know where to begin or what the options are? Have an idea, but unsure if it is possible?
I am here to help!
In a nut shell what I offer is Freedom. Freedom to celebrate your union in a way that is meaningful and memorable. You are no longer bound to hold your wedding ceremony in a venue licenced for marriages. This is why you have freedom and flexibility when you choose me as your Wedding Celebrant.
Together we can make your wedding ceremony reflect who you are and what is important to you. You may wish to have children or even a well-behaved pet included….it is an honour to help you create a bespoke ceremony to celebrate your love. It is all about your wishes, your day, your way.
Choose your Celebrant with confidence
By contracting me as your celebrant, you have the freedom and flexibility to have your ceremony as simple, stylish, sacred or symbolic as you wish. You may wish to have a theme or style that reflects you and your partner. Ultimately, your wedding day is all about you both and the love and connection you share.
Within the ceremony you are completely free to include a religious or spiritual element or not. You may wish to have a prayer, hymn or blessing. If you or your partner are from different faiths, you may wish to have a mixture of both traditions. Every ceremony I create is truly a bespoke event.
Here are the top 12 reasons why couples choose to use me as their Wedding Celebrant:
- Professional service
- Attention to detail
- My ‘CAN DO’ approach ensures you can say ‘I DO’, just as you wish
- Initial no obligation meeting to discuss your wedding vision
- Bespoke ceremony creation
- Personalised vows written just for you
- Creative yet organised thinking to reflect the bespoke nature of the occasion
- Willingness to conduct your wedding ceremony literally anywhere at any time of the day – at your favourite venue, outdoors, ruined abbey, private chapel, in a canoe or field, garden or private home
- Symbolic elements – Handfastings, Unity Candle-lighting, Unity Wine Ceremony, Jumping the Broom, Calling in the Elements and so much more as suits your personal choices
- Freedom to include readings and other personal contributions
- Calm and reassuring on the day
- Dedicated Wedding Day attention – on the day, yours is the ONLY ceremony I will be conducting, so there are no time pressures as my time is yours.
Thank you so much for performing our wedding service, we both had a wonderful day. You put us at ease and helped everything run smoothly
Kate and Becky Martin-Langan
Some ideas about where to hold your ceremony:
- A favourite riverside spot
- A meadow in the Yorkshire Dales
- In a hot air balloon over Lake Windermere
- At a castle
- Public garden or your own garden
- Your favourite pub
- Cruck barn
- In a canoe on a lake or river with your guests watching on from the shore
- In a meadow
- At an old ruins or heritage property
- At home
- In a fairy woodland
- On a boat
- On a moonlit starry night in the Dales
Visit my Gallery for some great photos of recent ceremonies.
The setting and time of day is entirely up to you. If you need any suggestions, particularly if you do not live in North Yorkshire, I have plenty of ideas and venues for you to consider. I specialise in conducting magical ceremonies in ‘God’s own county’, the Yorkshire Dales, in the north of England. The choice is yours as the venue does not need to be licensed to hold marriages. Read what others have to say here
The Yorkshire Bespoke Ceremonies Wedding Package includes:
- Full consultation with you and your partner to discuss your wedding ceremony vision
- Timeline planner to take the stress out of keeping on track to create your ceremony
- Guidance based on experience to help you say what is in your heart as part of your vows
- Ceremony creation to reflect your wishes
- Sourcing or creating any symbolic items required for your bespoke ceremony
- Vow creation – I can either guide and assist you or create your vows for you. As an author I am very comfortable and familiar with using words to their best effect
- Order of Service – (optional) created to reflect you and your wedding ceremony. I will take great pleasure in designing your Order of Service as a keepsake for you and your guests
- Rehearsal (optional) with all key people at the venue – this usually takes place a few days before your ceremony
- Regular contact throughout to ensure a smooth lead-up to your ceremony
- Conducting your ceremony
- Your vows presented in a celebration folder
- Wedding Certificate– this is a lovely personalized (non-legal) keepsake
One the day - I arrive 90 minutes’ prior, help ensure everything is set as you would like, meet and greet any early bird guests, place name plates for special guests according to your seating plan, calm nerves where necessary and greet you and your bridesmaids ready for the procession.
Your ceremony will last approximately 20 - 25 minutes, depending on readings and any symbolic elements.
After conducting your ceremony - You will receive your wedding script and keepsake certificate in a professional folder.
We would both like to thank you so much for helping us to have the most incredible wedding day imaginable. From guiding us in the run-up (from that first meeting when we had very little idea of what kind of a day we wanted or how to structure it) Then guiding us through our very personal vows (which we are so thrilled we decided, with your help, to do) Then to the day itself – for the meeting me outside with a drop or rescue remedy (inspired!) and guiding us through the ceremony itself with such a calming manner that you put us both completely at our ease. So thank you once again, with your help we created our dream wedding and a day we will remember for ever.’
Ali and Patrick,
Wedding at the Craven Arms, Appletreewick, 2015
Bespoke Ceremony fee: £550.00 - Includes any weekday or public holiday and also includes travel costs within 35 miles of Harrogate, North Yorkshire.
Deposit: £100.00 non-refundable on booking.
Balance due: 8 weeks prior to your Ceremony date
Bespoke Handfasting Merino Felt Ties – From £55
Individually created to co-ordinate with your wedding colours in Merino wool and silk fibres, your Handfasting binding will be a beautiful element for your wedding. Each is hand-made and finished with carefully chosen embellishments to create a truly unique bespoke keepsake.
I am happy to undertake commissions to create your unique Handfasting Ties whether I am conducting your ceremony or not. It is a joy to create them for you and they are supplied in a keepsake organza drawstring bag.
Symbolic Elements or Keepsake Items: These items are at your discretion and naturally do incur a charge especially when they are personalised or shipped from abroad. You will be completely informed of any additional charges prior to committing to including it in your ceremony.
My background includes over 28 years of successful and recommended event creation, delivery and public speaking so acting as your Celebrant draws on finely tuned skills gained through experience to ensure a smooth, enjoyable and memorable ceremony.
Many people choose to get married abroad these days. This often means that not everybody who you would like to be present can attend. You could double your wedding bliss by having a separate ceremony, repeating your vows if you wish, which could act as a blessing. Of course, I would be more than happy to discuss offering my services in a country of your choosing!
Making it legal
When engaging a Celebrant to conduct your wedding, you still need to attend the registry office to be legally married. This can be done at a time to suit you and does not need to be local to where you are having your Wedding Ceremony. For example: you may live in London and get legally married there and then have your Wedding Ceremony in Yorkshire.
There are three aspects that are required for your marriage to be recognised by law and a marriage certificate to be issued. Included in this are only two sentences you are required to repeat. These first of these two sentences contain the Declaratory words, “I do solemnly declare that I know not of any lawful impediment why I (your name) may not be joined in matrimony to (your partners name).”
The second sentence contains the Contracting words, “I call upon these persons here present, to witness that I (your name) do take thee (your partner’s name) to by my lawful wedded husband/wife/partner.”
The final element is the signing of the marriage register which completes the legal aspects of a marriage so the marriage certificate can be granted. While the words might vary slightly for a civil partnership, in essence these three aspects are the only part of the ceremony that is required to make your union legal and binding.
With the increase in creativity relating to where and how a wedding ceremony can take place, it is a modern reality that many couples attend their local registry office a few days prior to their actual wedding. Registrar fees vary so it is worth checking. The registrar will conduct the legal aspect of your marriage in the presence of two witnesses.
The rest of the service which includes the exchanging or vows, exchanging of rings, music, readings, rituals, symbolic elements, promises and poetry are all purely ceremonial. This is where my professional experience and background yield their talents and skills to create the ceremony you, your family and friends will cherish and remember always.
Here to help